D17321: Change toolbox icon from from a hamburger icon to a configure icon
Björn Feber
2018-12-02 18:42:32 UTC
GB_2 created this revision.
GB_2 added reviewers: Plasma, VDG.
GB_2 added projects: Plasma, VDG.
GB_2 requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
Changes the desktop/panel toolbox icon from a hamburger icon to a configure icon (as suggested in this Phabricator task: https://phabricator.kde.org/T10047).
F6451380: Toolbox Icon.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6451380>

TEST PLAN
Look at the toolbox.

REPOSITORY
R119 Plasma Desktop

REVISION DETAIL
https://phabricator.kde.org/D17321

AFFECTED FILES
toolboxes/desktoptoolbox/contents/ui/ToolBoxButton.qml
toolboxes/paneltoolbox/contents/ui/main.qml

To: GB_2, #plasma, #vdg
Cc: #vdg, plasma-devel, #plasma, alexde, IohannesPetros, trickyricky26, ragreen, Pitel, crozbo, ndavis, ZrenBot, firef, skadinna, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, aaronhoneycutt, abetts, sebas, apol, mbohlender, mart
Nathaniel Graham
2018-12-02 18:54:05 UTC
ngraham added a comment.

For the panel edit mode button, I think this is 100% appropriate since it opens a configuration UI. For the toolbox, I'm not as convinced yet, since clicking on it opens a menu with a number of non-configuration-related menu items. It's not the biggest deal, but it does feel a bit odd.

Thoughts?

To: GB_2, #plasma, #vdg
Cc: ngraham, #vdg, plasma-devel, #plasma, alexde, IohannesPetros, trickyricky26, ragreen, Pitel, crozbo, ndavis, ZrenBot, firef, skadinna, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, aaronhoneycutt, abetts, sebas, apol, mbohlender, mart
Björn Feber
2018-12-02 18:55:09 UTC
GB_2 added a comment.
Post by Nathaniel Graham
For the panel edit mode button, I think this is 100% appropriate since it opens a configuration UI. For the toolbox, I'm not as convinced yet, since clicking on it opens a menu with a number of non-configuration-related menu items. It's not the biggest deal, but it does feel a bit odd.
Thoughts?
Oh, now that I think about it, I can say that I agree.

To: GB_2, #plasma, #vdg
Cc: ngraham, #vdg, plasma-devel, #plasma, alexde, IohannesPetros, trickyricky26, ragreen, Pitel, crozbo, ndavis, ZrenBot, firef, skadinna, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, aaronhoneycutt, abetts, sebas, apol, mbohlender, mart
Björn Feber
2018-12-02 18:58:00 UTC
GB_2 updated this revision to Diff 46739.
GB_2 edited the summary of this revision.
GB_2 added a comment.

Only change panel toolbox icon.

REPOSITORY
R119 Plasma Desktop